Sunday, September 28, 2008

Around the block one more time

I'm eight weeks into a training program for my first half-marathon to be run in Portland (ME) on October 5th. This is a family affair with five of us training and running the half; three of us are first-timers. Feeling strong and fit and enjoying the running more and more. My wife, Connie, and I ran our first double digit day (10 miles) a week ago and it went well...one more 10-miler tomorrow and then taper the rest of the week. More than anything else, I've enjoyed the discipline of the training and proud to say we've not missed one workout in the last two months. Not particularly concerned about my time for the race...just as long as I finish. My question: What do we do now? Continue training? Prepare for another race? Take some time off? I'm afraid to lose the level of fitness I've attained.

No comments: